Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Career Strategy #1: Trash Parents' House

Being in the events business myself, I see I've gone about the job hunt all wrong. I just need some funny glasses, a bad attitude, and $20,000 in damage to the neighborhood.


From The Week:
A Melbourne teenager was on the run this week after throwing a wild party that caused thousands of dollars in damages and took 30 police officers, a helicopter, and the canine squad to break up. Police said they would bill Corey Delaney, 16, about $20,000 for damages to police cars and other property. Delaney, who is camping on the beach near his home, said that in the few days since his party and its aftermath made international headlines, he has fielded several job offers to work as a party planner. "He's a bigger party animal than all the girls put together: Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, and Britney Spears," said celebrity agent Max Markson. "He could easily earn $50,000 to $60,000 in the next fortnight." At the time of the party, Delaney's parents were out of town.

And I thought a Master's degree would open doors! Silly me...

No comments: