Thursday, March 15, 2007

When will it end?

I don't usually click on the little ads that appear from MSN when I'm in my hotmail account, but I was curious to see what they would present under the category of "World Class Beauties." Here's what I found:

Hollywood is alive with cultural diversity, and these mega-talented stars have us in a trance

By Kati Johnston

In the celebrity world, there are beauties -- and then there are world-class beauties, whose charisma and grace hail from, and touch, the four corners of the earth. In keeping with this year's Oscars featuring the most internationally represented group of nominees, let us celebrate these amazing women, whose fans and admirers cross every stretch of the globe. They range from India's Aishwarya Rai and America's amazing Beyoncé to Spain's Penélope Cruz and Malaysia's Michelle Yeoh. It doesn't hurt that the camera loves them, too.

Jeez! Who knew that there were beautiful people in other parts of the world!? Or in Beyoncé's case, beauties that aren't white! Does anyone else find this as offensive as I do? Please comment!

No comments: