Saturday, February 17, 2007

Weekend

Yesterday, I read Chinua Achebe's Things Fall Apart for the second time. A very captivating and enlightening book. I highly recommend it. Today I started reading Daniel Mark Epstein's biography of Aimee Semple McPherson called Sister Aimee. Epstein writes vividly about the confident and charismatic young woman who became one of the founding pillars of Pentecostalism in the U.S. Her audacity is astounding and inspiring. I'm only 100 pages into it...have to finish it tomorrow.

Today I also planted the pink Plumeria that I brought back from Hawai'i. It hasn't been happy sitting in my freezing room in Cambridge, unplanted, but I had to prepare equal parts soil and sand, so a trip to the beach was necessary. I finally got the sand I needed, and a bowl of clam chowder in Ipswich.

Plum Island, Massachusetts - February 2007

No comments: