Thursday, August 03, 2006

Waiting for an August muse

It's funny how the endless minutia can interrupt the creative flow. Most of July was spent in a wonderful way...helping my sister move from Houston to Nashville, buying a new car, driving from Nashville to Missoula, MT and then spending a couple of fun weeks with my sister. It's the first time in years that we've been able to spend a whole month together. We attended a family reunion, she played her bass at the Farm talent show, we had evening picnics in Greenough Park. Meanwhile, I've been trying to sort out title business for the car, have my knee examined by an expert, and attend to all kinds of other little things that need to get done. Every day, I feel the lack of time to write and reflect as a pang of emptiness. I need it.
Kristen is gone now...back to Nashville. My week has passed trying to catch up on lost projects as the summer moves on. August already! My books, abandoned. My writing waiting... I've sat down several times this week hoping to be inspired. How can it be so naggingly important and yet so elusive, the creative impulse?

No comments: